Re: HTMLWriter

Hi Fu.,

Am Dienstag, den 17.10.2006, 22:15 +0900 schrieb fchoong@xxxxxxxxxxx:
> Hi Roman,
> Thanks! That makes it much clearer! But I Still do not understand what is
> meant by "Unwanted" in the closeOutUnwantedEmbeddedTags()... :(

Well. The API docs for writeEmbeddedTags() says:

<<Searches for embedded tags in the AttributeSet and writes them out. It
also stores these tags in a vector so that when appropriate the
corresponding end tags can be written out.>>

Then, the API docs for closeOutUnwantedEmbeddedTags() says the
following:
<<Searches the attribute set and for each tag that is stored in the tag
vector. If the tag isnt found, then the tag is removed from the vector
and a corresponding end tag is written out.>>

This means to me that writeEmbeddedtag() writes the opening tags for the
embedded tags in the AttributeSet and stores them in a datastructure
(they say vector, but I suppose its better to use an HashSet since this
is not public, and HashSet seems much more efficient here). Actually, in
my understanding, we should only write an opening tag for an embedded
tag that is in the AttributeSet, but not yet in the datastructure.

Now, for the following tags the closeOutUnwantedEmbeddedTags() does the
opposite: For each tag in the vector that is _not_ in the AttributeSet,
it writes out the end tag (because for an embedded tag not present in
the AttributeSet it means it must be closed).

I hope that this helps. (And also note that this is only my
interpretation of the specs in the light of the underlying modeling of
HTML).

Cheers, Roman