Re: HTMLWriter

Hi,

> Hi Sven, Roman, and All,
> I am currently working on the HTMLWriter. Does anybody have an idea what
> is meant by an Embedded Tag for the writeEmbeddedTags() method? I am
> guessing it is the hidden input used in HTML forms, but the
> closeOutUnwantedEmbeddedTags() method does not really make sense here.

Embedded tags have nothing to do with <embed> and the like. Embedded
taghs here means tags that are stored as attributes in other tags. This
is true for most character level tags like <b>, <i> etc. Those are not
modeled as elements in the document structure, but instead as attributes
in other tags. For example this snipped:

is modeled like this (play with it in the HtmlDemo in examples/ ):

      name=p

      <content
        name=content

i=gnu.javax.swing.text.html.parser.SmallHtmlAttributeSet@aff1c4f0

        [0,6][Hello ]
      <content
        name=content

i=gnu.javax.swing.text.html.parser.SmallHtmlAttributeSet@aff1c4f0

b=gnu.javax.swing.text.html.parser.SmallHtmlAttributeSet@aff1f230

        [6,11][World]

As you can see there's the normal handling for the <p> tag (a separate
element) and the character level tags are modeled as attributes of the
synthetic content - element. These tags have the actual tag as attribute
key, and their own attributes (if any) as the value.

I hope this helps...

/Roman