Re: Vincent Untz and the "users that like to hate people"

On Tue, 2013-02-19 at 01:07 +0530, Ravi Kumar wrote:
> So the discussion went wrong. One parties do not really want to
> understand the other parties.
>To understand someone, one needs to empty his cup, listen to other and
>then he can get a snap of perspective that others want or is saying.

Please don't do that.  I understand perfectly well.  I disagree.

> GNOME is nice, lots of developer contributed it, and this is one of
> the example of successful community driven opensource project.
> But it is not perfect yet and never will be.

And nobody implied it was or will be.

> Leaders and other enthusiasts should listen to what and why other
> people asking for some features, enhancements and tools? Simply
> pointing out the solution as to use terminal or other script is not
> really solution,

Unless it is,  because it is - it provides the required information.

> but you are driving the discussion in different way showing your
> expertise.
> You like commandline, I like commandline, but for obvious task, I do
> not use commandlines always. If I am in nautilus, and if I have to
> rename a directory, I will not go open  a terminal and rename it
> there. Rather I will Right Click->Rename or use F2.

You are being ambiguous.   Renaming a folder is a commonplace end-user
task;  a task I would almost always do via Nautilus.  Browsing chipset
level hardware information is not renaming a folder.  99.44% of the
Earth's population will live their entire lives unconcerned about their
printer's USB vendor and product id string [or even being aware thier
printer has those things].

> If you think that was missed, just accept is. But you are acting like
> stubborn.

No,  I disagree with you.  Not just 'giving way' isn't "stubborn".

--
Adam Tauno Williams  GPG D95ED383