Re: Vincent Untz and the "users that like to hate people"

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 7:02 PM, Adam  Tauno Williams
<awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> AND even if you do for some reason continue to need to the this a GUI
> application was already pointed out "alacarte".

Nice magic word; I'm glad that I picked up English somehow.

> If you launch Firefox once with the "-ProfileManager" option and create
> multiple profiles then it will ask you what profile you want every time
> you launch it ever after.

Why should I have to select profile every time?

> If you need to launch an application then you create a launcher.  That
> is a total of *once*.  And this is not an end-user activity.   Second
> step, since you are a developer, is to file a bug with the application's
> maintainers to include an XDG .desktop file in the package; attach the
> one you created to the bug report.

Well, what about this app?
https://minecraft.net/download

> "open a website"?  That is what browser's are for.

IIRC, Design-suite spin of Fedora 17 has a built-in launcher that
opens Inkscape tutorial web page.
But how can I create one for my favorite GIMP tutorial?

> This has nothing to do with a desktop environment.  You have Yast, GNOME
> System Monitor, and "Details" under control panel.  Probably there are
> other applications as well.  But System Adminsitration is always going
> to be a Command LIne thing; that is my Microsoft created PowerShell.

Really?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Device_Manager
"Device Manager was introduced with Windows 95 and later added to Windows 2000."

BTW, Yast is not a GNOME thing AFAIK; it is only used in SUSE related distros.
GNOME System Monitor and "Details" under control panel cannot provide
any *detailed* hardware information.
Put it in another way, can you show me a screenshot of how you check
the information of your WiFi chip without a Terminal?

> So, I think I covered all your questions.

Thank you anyway.