Re: Vincent Untz and the "users that like to hate people"

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 9:00 PM, Adam  Tauno Williams
<awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If it does not package a XDG .desktop file - there is a bug.  I don't
> much care which application it is;  that doesn't change the argument.

Well, you don't care a computer game, I care.

> Are you distributing software?  End users have a way to do this -
> bookmarks.  If you want to package and design - you are a developer.
>
> And here is how web launchers work -
> https://live.gnome.org/Design/Apps/Web

Not related.

> Yeah, and that isn't a real systems administation tool;  otherwise they
> wouldn't have invented PowerShell [which is a really impressive tool
> BTW].

Well, well, you can be a fan of PowerShell and I can be fan of Device Manager.
In old good days we still build PCs with discrete components.

> "it is only used in SUSE related distros"  is not true.  Yast is a
> project of its own.  And I'd assume every decent distribution packages
> something for that purpose;  if it doesn't that has nothing to do with
> GNOME.
>
> [Aside: "Ubuntu, a LINUX distribution for people who like to complain
> about how LINUX is broken, because Ubuntu breaks everything."]

Well, it's better to use distros that don't even give long term
releases to community?
CentOS 6 is no longer a option given Google Chrome support is gone,
not to mention other applications.

> Sure, but the list doesn't allow attachments.

There are image pastebin out there.
http://img.vim-cn.com/