Re: Vincent Untz and the "users that like to hate people"

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 1:02 AM, Adam Tauno Williams
<awilliam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It is not at all limited to "Free Software" platforms.  It is the
> defacto debugging and administration tool of every platform.  Yes,
> Microsoft platforms have some very nice GUI administration tools.... but
> one runs head-first into them quite regularly.  I have ~300 Windows
> workstations under my administration - WE USE THE COMMAND LINE ALL THE
> TIME!  THE COMMAND LINE IS OFTEN ****EASIER****!   IT IS EASIER TO
> INSTRUCT PEOPLE ABOUT USING THE COMMAND LINE!  YOU CAN CUT-N-PASTE TEXT
> FROM THE A terminal/cmd WINDOW! - THEN PUT IT IN A TICKET OR E-MAIL.
> THE COMMAND LINE TOOLS REMAIN THE SAME ACROSS VARIOUS VERSIONS AND
> REVISIONS;  vs. their need to constantly redesign the control panel.
>
> The command line tools of Windows finally do not suck, they've invested
> a lot of effort into improving there command line.  Why?  Because people
> want it!

Calm down, dude.
What you and I prefer don't matter that much.
For the "lspci" VS Device Manager issue.
Actually Linux user needs such stuff more since Linux is less likely
to be properly pre-installed.

http://www.neowin.net/

> Okay, you are now way outside of "normal user".

Well, if one use portable application for Windows, he is outside "normal user"?