Re: GlusterFS as virtual machine storage

On 8/25/2017 12:43 PM, lemonnierk@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I think you are talking about DRBD 8, which is indeed very easy. DRBD 9
on the other hand, which is the one that compares to gluster (more or
less), is a whole other story. Never managed to make it work correctly
either

Yes, and I noticed that Digimer's Anvil project still uses DRBD8 as well.

https://www.alteeve.com/w/Build_an_m2_Anvil

If she is still using DRBD8 on her stuff, then you know that DRBD9 isn't fully baked yet.

That being said we use DRBD  on projects such as NFS servers and found it to be reliable, easy to use and useful as long as we stayed with active/passive.

Our experiments with active/active were very unsatisfactory. OCFS2 in particular was very unhappy with lots of disk i/o, even just stats. We tried GFS2 as well but bailed due to stability (lockup) issues (probably our fault, but still not worth the effort).