Re: GlusterFS as virtual machine storage

Il 25-08-2017 14:22 Lindsay Mathieson ha scritto:
On 25/08/2017 6:50 PM, lemonnierk@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I run Replica 3 VM hosting (gfapi) via a 3 node proxmox cluster. Have
done a lot of rolling node updates, power failures etc, never had a
problem. Performance is better than any other DFS I've tried (Ceph,
lizard/moose).

Hi, very interesting! Are you using client or server quorum?

Never did get DRDB working.

This surprise me: I found DRBD quite simple to use, albeit I mostly use active/passive setup in production (with manual failover)

nb: ZFS Bricks, with each brick RAID10 - so a little paranoid on the
redundancy :)

Yeah, I remember you on the zfs-discuss mailing list ;)

For me, glusters biggest problem is its lack of flexibility in adding
bricks and nodes.And replacing them is an exercise in nail biting.
Hoping V4 improves on this though maybe that will lead to performance
trade offs.

Can you elaborate? What are the biggest problems/inconvenience?

Thanks.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico