Re: GlusterFS as virtual machine storage

On 25/08/2017 6:50 PM, lemonnierk@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Free from a lot of problems, but apparently not as good as a replica 3
volume. I can't comment on arbiter, I only have replica 3 clusters. I
can tell you that my colleagues setting up 2 nodes clusters have_a lot_
of problems.

I run Replica 3 VM hosting (gfapi) via a 3 node proxmox cluster. Have done a lot of rolling node updates, power failures etc, never had a problem. Performance is better than any other DFS I've tried (Ceph, lizard/moose). Never did get DRDB working.

nb: ZFS Bricks, with each brick RAID10 - so a little paranoid on the redundancy :)

For me, glusters biggest problem is its lack of flexibility in adding bricks and nodes.And replacing them is an exercise in nail biting.  Hoping V4 improves on this though maybe that will lead to performance trade offs.

--
Lindsay Mathieson