Re: GlusterFS as virtual machine storage

On 25/08/2017 6:50 PM, lemonnierk@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Free from a lot of problems, but apparently not as good as a replica 3
volume. I can't comment on arbiter, I only have replica 3 clusters. I
can tell you that my colleagues setting up 2 nodes clusters have_a lot_
of problems.

I run Replica 3 VM hosting (gfapi) via a 3 node proxmox cluster. Have done a lot of rolling node updates, power failures etc, never had a problem. Performance is better than any other DFS I've tried (Ceph, lizard/moose). Never did get DRDB working.

nb: ZFS Bricks, with each brick RAID10 - so a little paranoid on the redundancy :)

For me, glusters biggest problem is its lack of flexibility in adding bricks and nodes.

--
Lindsay Mathieson