Why the Van Gogh filter is still in gimp?

>I think that You are wrong. Did You asked to all GIMP users before saying that something is not useful and nobody uses it?

>I haven't been asked. Please, don't say that nobody uses it, because You don't know it. Also, It could be filters (scripts) that uses this filter, and They would be broken.

Your reply with  theorical  general questions to a my practical and speciphic question.

now would you please explain me why you want THAT filter, why do you want preserve the Van Gogh filter ?

what use you do of that filters?
You could describe how the Van gogh filter integrate in your workflow ?

Or even a example, a video or a tutorial or a blog entry that describe a possible use of that filter?,

If not i would tempted to believe that you also never used that filter,

 and that , as almost everybody else , you get no idea of its possible practical use.

Maybe you talk of general principles, i talk of a crappy filter that nobody know why was never added to gimp
the only one described as "effects that nobody understand"...

--
photocomix (via gimpusers.com)