Re: Why the Van Gogh filter is still in gimp?

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 9:13 AM, Martin Nordholts <enselic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You can't know for sure that no one uses this plug-in in some script
somewhere, and if we don't have a good reason to break our plug-in API,
we don't do it. Impatience is not a good reason :)

Here is a better reason, maybe.  It is a good thing if people can learn to use Gimp
by experimenting.  When features are included for which experimenting leads only
to confusion, and never to anything useful, users are discouraged from experimenting.
In my opinion, there are two plug-ins that have this property:  the "Van Gogh" filter (which
has absolutely nothing to do with  Van Gogh), and the so-called "NL Filter".

  -- Bill