Re: Why the Van Gogh filter is still in gimp?

Michael Schumacher wrote:
> Other than that I agree, the plug-in isn't good enough for being
>> included in GIMP 3.0.
> What are the requirements for "good enough to be included in GIMP 3.0"?
> If we don't have them yet, we really should start collecting them.
>
> The docs page about the plug-in suggests that the author didn't really know what's going on, but that's nothing to be ashamed of, in my opinion.
>

> Michael

The fact somebody do not use something is not enough to exclude that
from the program. Many users do not use layer modes. So should they be
abandoned?

IMHO if something is not good enough for somebody it should be either
improved or leaved untouched.

With respect,
Alexander Rabtchevich