Why the Van Gogh filter is still in gimp?

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 9:13 AM, Martin Nordholts wrote:

> You can't know for sure that no one uses this plug-in in some script
> somewhere, and if we don't have a good reason to break our plug-in API,
> we don't do it. Impatience is not a good reason :)

In this case i'm ready to bet 100 Euro that till now any bundled or even third party script or plugin has Van Gogh as a dependency,

i see most on replies are focused on the general matter

But this IS a big exception, it is a insult to the Gimp product vision that such filter is ,after 14 years that nobody use , and not because is too complex but because is too  crappy to be used

More
1)from 14 years this filter is misplaced in a totally wrong gimp menu
(Artistic  submenu in filter but the filter has nothing to do with a artistic filter
Would fit better in a RENDER menu

2)IT is misnamed the effect has nothing to do with Van Gogh, or any other painter,nothing to do  with a paint or draw effects.
Obviously 1 is consequence of 2,
 since was misnamed as "Van Gogh" somebody tough was a artistic filter, so ended up to be not only in gimp by mistake for 14 years but also from 14 years mislabelled and  misplaced

And no i will not report to bugzilla because as no bug to be reported
It is impossible prove that doesn't work properly since is impossible guess what should do

The only BIG bug to report is the fact that such thingy is still in Gimp

PS
If has to be preserved till 3.0 i may hope at least to be relabelled,moved in the right submenu and with a more descriptive tooltip ?

as example
CRAPPYFIER -tooltip_ this filter will replace all the pixels of your image with crap

--
photocomix (via gimpusers.com)