Re: What would be a better set of default resources?

Hi,

On Thu, 2009-07-23 at 00:51 +0200, Martin Nordholts wrote:

> We could either introduce a complex system to allow the user to delete
> system resources, or we could make it simple for ourselves and the user
> and just initialize the user dir with a set of default resources. I
> don't understand why we have to solve this in a complex way.

Go and read the archives then.

One reason is that we would also have to add a way to get the deleted
system resource back. So we can as well use the tags system that was
added for exactly this purpose and mark the system resource as hidden.

Another reason is that it is not reasonable to duplicate the system
resources in the folders of all users.

Another reason is that it becomes a nightmare when the user updates to
the next GIMP version which may ship with a different set of resource
files.

Sven