Re: Behavior when saving a selection to channel

Hi,

On Sun, 2009-03-08 at 21:05 +0100, peter sikking wrote:

> and I can't believe that proposing an alignment of GIMP UI with
> the realities of users expectations meets such a dogged resistance.

There is no dogged resistance. I just had the impression that you
believed that storing selections would be the only use of channels. It
is more like a useful side-effect of it. Perhaps it makes sense to make
it more obvious how to save and restore selections, but we also need to
make sure that we are not taking away important features. Channels is
really an area where GIMP is lacking. If we want to be taken seriously,
then there should be much more emphasis on channels. Removing them from
the default UI is not a step towards that.

Sven