Re: change layout of mode menus?

On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 09:52 +0100, gg@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
[...]
> My main critisism of tear-offs is the lack of discoverability. The
> toilet-paper metaphore is less than obvious unless you've met it elsewhere.

This is where the push-pin is a real win.

Another example in GIMP is docking pallettes -- the only way you can
tell that this is possible is because GIMP starts with some pallettes
already docked.

Or because you read about it in "tip of the day", which really ought to
have l"learn more" links into the documentation, so that e.g tear-off
menus could be explained.

Liam

On the Internet no-one can see whether you shave your testicles or pluck.