Re: change layout of mode menus?

On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 13:13 -0800, Bill Skaggs wrote:
> Well, it's clear that the idea is not generating a great deal
> of enthusiasm.
[... screenshot...]

> I don't think I have to persuade anybody that this is less than
> ideal from a usability point of view.  The question is, can we do
> anything to make this better, other than asking people to use
> specific Gtk themes?

Seems to me that probably most people will use at most a couple of the
layer modes in normal use, so maybe putting the top 7 on the menu and
having a "more modes" submenu is a possibility.

If gimp starts to have adjustment layers, that can e.g. apply a filter,
or user-defined painting modes, or if the ilst of built-in modes got
longer, the menu approach would probably become unworkable, and we'd
need a drawing mode pallette or something.

But it seems to me it's worth living with it as it is for a while,
until the hot goat love (GEGL) has been explored a little more.

Liam