Re: change layout of mode menus?

Sven Neumann writes:
> Why don't you just focus the combo-box and use Cursor Up and Cursor Down
> to go through the layer modes? Or use your mouse-wheel?

Honestly, it's because I didn't realize I could use up/down arrows
in option menus without first popping up the menu. :)

That works well for going through modes sequentially. But there
are other common issues a tear-off would solve, like when you want to
in the menu.

> There are very good reasons why tear-off menus are deprecated. They
> don't solve usability issues but introduce them.

They're deprecated? It figures that something so useful would be.
Sigh.

Fortunately, python makes it pretty easy to work around that.
If anyone besides me wishes for a tear-off modes menu,
you can get one (Layer->Mode dialog...) at:
http://shallowsky.com/software/gimp/mode-dialog.py

	...Akkana