Re: Meaning of delay in screenshot plugin

   From: Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx>
   Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 08:38:21 +0100

   On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 22:03 +0100, gg@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

   > I'm not sure if you're assuming everyone is using gnome here. I work on
   > xfce4 and I dont have a screenshot applet or whatever. I have scrot if I
   > dont use gimp. Most window manager screenshots seems just to grab the
   > whole screen. The nice thing about the gimp one was that it's more
   > specific and precise.

   Of course I am not assuming that. But I don't know all the other desktop
   environments out there and I expected that they more or less all have a
   reasonably well working way of taking screenshots. After all this is
   where the functionality belongs.

   Perhaps the xfce project should think about adding such a tool. Or
   simply integrate an existing tool. All that needs to be done is to set
   up some global keyboard shortcuts. But that's better discussed on the
   xfce lists, I guess...

A lot of people don't run an all-out "desktop environment"; they run a
simple window manager (fvwm, ctwm) precisely because they don't want a
heavyweight environment weighted down with gadgets.  xfce4 is popular
because it is much lighter weight than KDE or GNOME.

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@xxxxxxxxxxxx

--Eric Crampton