Re: Tool statusbar error messages

I'll let the native English speakers decide if "does not operate on"
is better than "cannot manipulate", but otherwise I'm ready to add the
tests for the layer masks or channels.

"does not operate on" seems like a developer's or mathematician's comment, not language for the end-user who thinks he is using an Image Manipulation Program.

"cannot manipulate" reads much better for me , native english further back
than the Queen

(which ain't that far actually.  Their family name was
Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha until being german became uncool around the early
part of the last century and they decided to borrow the name of a castle.
;) ).