Re: Tool statusbar error messages

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 15:50 +0200, Raphaël Quinet wrote:

> I am not sure about "does not operate" vs. "cannot manipulate", but I
> agree with the usage of "images" instead of "layers": talking about
> images makes it more likely that the user will think about changing
> the image mode.  In the current GIMP, the mode is a property of the
> image and cannot be changed for individual layers.

I thought that as well. But then I had a second look and it seems that
using the term "image" is wrong here. The tools do work on masks and
channels in images with indexed colors. They just don't work on layers
in such images. But I agree that the term "Indexed Layer" is somewhat
strange. But so is the term "Indexed Image". We should probably use
something along the lines of "layers with indexed colors".

Sven