Re: Tool statusbar error messages

From: Michael Natterer <mitch@xxxxxxxx>

>While doing so I noticed they are all bad and inconsistent.

Here is what I think should happen:

>"No brushes available for use with this tool."   (brush core)
>"No patterns available for this operation."      (clone)

doesn't matter, these will almost never be seen

>"Set a source image first."                      (source core)

okay

>"Indexed images are not currently supported."    (heal)

Healing does not operate on indexed layers

>"Indexed images are not currently supported."    (perspective clone)

Perspective Clone does not operate on indexed layers

>"Blend: Invalid for indexed images."

Blend does not operate on indexed layers

>"Brightness-Contrast does not operate on indexed layers."

okay

      ^

>"Colorize operates only on RGB color layers."

okay

>"Curves for indexed layers cannot be adjusted."

Curves does not operate on indexed layers

>"Hue-Saturation operates only on RGB color layers."

okay

>"Levels for indexed layers cannot be adjusted."

Levels does not operate on indexed layers

>"Posterize does not operate on indexed layers."

okay

>"Threshold does not operate on indexed layers."

okay

  -- Bill

Sent via the CNPRC Email system at primate.ucdavis.edu