Re: [Gimp-developer] [long] Suggestions + Patch, Redo (please dont flame), Part 1

Jakub Steiner wrote:

<big snip>

> If we were to be consistent, this would have changed so that the shift
> key is again again the invertor. But this would mean a lot of replacing
> of Ctrl/Shift throughout the tools.
>
> I, for one, would welcome some thought put into consistency.

As would I. I would like to get some usability people to have a
look at the current CVS gimp and give us ideas as to what we can
do to make the interface more consistent, and more user-friendly.

In the meantime, there are some basics - keystrokes which are so
common elsewhere that the fact that we use something else is an
aberration, and has just stayed like that for ages, rather than a
policy decision.

The HIG is a good start, as are the OpenDesktop
reccommendations/standards (which we've been following for the
most part). It would be nice to consistentise the interface
between now and GIMP:TNG.

Cheers,
Dave.

--