Re: [Gimp-developer] [long] Suggestions + Patch, Redo (please dont flame), Part 1

Sven Neumann wrote:
> Alan Horkan <horkana@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > So I have made it pretty clear that many many people would be more
> > comfortable with having Ctrl+Shift+Z but I have not forgotten about those
> > of you who have been using the Gimp for a very long time.  One option is
> > to reassig the keybinding manually.
>
> I think we shouldn't do this change since I can not follow your
> arguments. Everyone seems to be using a different keybinding for Redo
> and we use Ctrl-R for quite some time now. Why should we change the
> default?  Perhaps we need a hig-menurc...

Well, the two big platforms where the GIMP will be used in the
future are GNOME and KDE. Both of those follow the HIG guideline
of Ctrl-Shift-Z. On windows, the main alternative app (photoshop)
uses the same shortcut.

I think following the HIG by default is a good thing. People will
get used to the new defaults. I'd have more of a problem with
having those kinds of things as options, to be quite honest.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
       David Neary,