Re: Colors/Desaturate/Desaturate documentation

On 03/26/2017 03:35 PM, Elle Stone wrote:

Unless there are objections (and/or advice), I'm going to try to make
and upload a patch.

Assuming that eventually I'll succeed in putting the modified desaturate.xml file into a shape that is acceptable for gimp-help, at that point I'll need to make a patch.

Here is a summary of the affected files, along with three questions:

Here are the files that I explicitly modified:

images/C/menus/colors/desaturate/desaturate.png
src/menus/colors/desaturate/desaturate.xml

I added new image files to images/C/menus/colors/desaturate, as follows:

colors-desaturate-average-red-globe.png
colors-desaturate-average-sunflower.png
colors-desaturate-lightness-red-globe.png
colors-desaturate-lightness-sunflower.png
colors-desaturate-luma-red-globe.png
colors-desaturate-luma-sunflower.png
colors-desaturate-luminance-red-globe.png
colors-desaturate-luminance-sunflower.png
colors-desaturate-original-red-globe.png
colors-desaturate-original-sunflower.png
colors-desaturate-value-red-globe.png
colors-desaturate-value-sunflower.png

Question 1:
There is a long list of "po/..." files that are modified by building gimp-help after modifying/adding the above xml/png files.

Should these modified "po/..." files be added to the git commit?

Question 2:
These image files are no longer used in the desaturate help, so perhaps these files should be rm'ed from git before I make a patch?

images/C/toolbox/colors-desaturate-brightness.png
images/C/toolbox/colors-desaturate-luminosity.png
images/C/toolbox/colors-desaturate-average.png
images/C/toolbox/colors-desaturate-orig.png

Question 3:
Is there anything different about the process of making a patch for gimp-help, compared to making a patch for gimp code? Anything to watch out for, or special commands, or anything along these lines?

Best,
Elle