Re: Colors/Desaturate/Desaturate documentation

On 03/26/2017 04:21 PM, Julien Hardelin wrote:
In a tutorial, we use only some features of a dialog.

Gimp-help menus are not tutorials. They are references, and so, each
feature of a dialog must be described. Some are common to several
commands; they can be grouped in a common-features file.

You can't leave the Advanced option unexplained; you must explain, as
you did here, why you can't develop explanations nor give an example. Or
what will users think?

The Advanced options, along with Split View, Presets, and Preview, are common to *all* Color and Filter operations.

I don't think it's appropriate to add an explanation about the Advanced options to each and every Color and Filter page in gimp help.

To speak as plainly and clearly as possible, I will not add documentation regarding the Advanced options to the patch I'm working on for the desaturate menu.

In your file, we don't see that Luminance, Luma... belong to Mode.

I don't understand what you mean. Do you want a screenshot of the expanded desaturate drop down menu? Will this suffice to show that "Luminance, Luma . . . belong to Mode"? Or do you mean something else altogether?

No, it is not necessary to do more about these Mode options: "Five
options are available " is enough

I don't understand what you mean. Do you want me to remove something that appears in the following file, and perhaps move it to a tutorial?

http://ninedegreesbelow.com/files/desaturate/8-18-desaturate.html

If you do want me to remove something from what appears in the above link, please be very, very specific, as I'm having a difficult time grasping what you are trying to say. My apologies, my communications skills seem to be at an all-time low.

Best regards,
Elle

Julien