Re: Colors/Desaturate/Desaturate documentation

Unless there are objections (and/or advice), I'm going to try to make
and upload a patch.

Assuming that eventually I'll succeed in putting the modified desaturate.xml file into a shape that is acceptable for gimp-help, at that point I'll need to make a patch.
I don't understand clearly. Will you push your changes directly to the git repository, or will you create a patch file that you will send to someone who will push it?

Here is a summary of the affected files, along with three questions:

Here are the files that I explicitly modified:

images/C/menus/colors/desaturate/desaturate.png
src/menus/colors/desaturate/desaturate.xml

I added new image files to images/C/menus/colors/desaturate, as follows:

colors-desaturate-average-red-globe.png
colors-desaturate-average-sunflower.png
colors-desaturate-lightness-red-globe.png
colors-desaturate-lightness-sunflower.png
colors-desaturate-luma-red-globe.png
colors-desaturate-luma-sunflower.png
colors-desaturate-luminance-red-globe.png
colors-desaturate-luminance-sunflower.png
colors-desaturate-original-red-globe.png
colors-desaturate-original-sunflower.png
colors-desaturate-value-red-globe.png
colors-desaturate-value-sunflower.png

Question 1:
There is a long list of "po/..." files that are modified by building gimp-help after modifying/adding the above xml/png files.

Should these modified "po/..." files be added to the git commit?
Normally, working on xml file don't modify the po files. git status shows only your new files in the untracked section and modified files (xml and images) in the index section. What have you done? perhaps a make status?
You have to "checkout" all this po files

Question 2:
These image files are no longer used in the desaturate help, so perhaps these files should be rm'ed from git before I make a patch?

images/C/toolbox/colors-desaturate-brightness.png
images/C/toolbox/colors-desaturate-luminosity.png
images/C/toolbox/colors-desaturate-average.png
images/C/toolbox/colors-desaturate-orig.png
You delete these images. They will appear as "deleted" in the index section of git status

Question 3:
Is there anything different about the process of making a patch for gimp-help, compared to making a patch for gimp code? Anything to watch out for, or special commands, or anything along these lines?
To answer to this question, I need to know what you mean with "patch".

Bext,

Julien