Re: Can the gimp-help-2 module be maintained using Damned-Lies?

Claude Paroz (Freitag, 3. Juli 2009, 23:28):
> > We do not use one or two po files, but a set of 40+ files in
> > several directories (and probably a non-standard naming scheme) -
> > is this a problem?
>
> Not necessarily. We already have support for multiple po files per
> module, it's just that you put it to the limit :-)

What's the maximal number of po files?

> Paradoxically, gnome-doc-utils standard is to put a DOC_LINGUAS
> variable in a Makefile.am file, to specify languages to consider
> for building docs. Would it be possible for you to have such a
> DOC_LINGUAS variable with the list of current languages? (no *sh
> expansion please). However, this is not critical, if you don't
> change anything, you'll just have to live with a warning for each
> template.

The build system is still "work in progress", so there is no problem
adding or renaming variables (and more).

Is
	DOC_LINGUAS = $(YET_ANOTHER_VARIABLE)
ok?
("*sh expansion" = backticks or $(shell ...)?)

> Is your patch to xml2po worth going upstream? If yes, did you
> already report it in gnome-doc-utils bugzilla?

We filed a bug report (a long time ago) and provided a patch, but
didn't get any feedback.
The patched version reduces the number of placeholder tags generated
by the xml2po script (and thus is not backward compatible), so I
don't know if the author/maintainer will like it...

> The next step would be to make the images stuff work with your
> particular directory setup. See for example:
> http://l10n.gnome.org/module/eog/help/master/de/images/
>
> I guess this would require some more ad-hoc handling on our side.

We are free to change our directory structure, so just ask if there
are some problems you can't solve on your side.

Ulf