Can the gimp-help-2 module be maintained using Damned-Lies?

On Thu, Jun 25 03:34:40 PDT 2009, Roman Joost wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 07:30:20PM +0800, Aron Xu wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I want to ask if we can use damned-lies on http://l10n.gnome.org/ to
> > help maintain the translations of gimp-help-2? It can provide a better
> > UI for the gnome translation teams to maintain it as a common module.
> > I've asked the author of damned-lies, he said if we want to use it, he
> > could adapt it to fit our needs.
> Good question. I haven't investigated this further, but it would be very
> nice if we could hook up with that.
>
> That are currently my 2cents. If someone volunteers for that to
> investigate what we need to change, it'll be more than welcome.

Hi,
Even if i cannot pretend to be the author of damned-lies, I'm the
current maintainer. Thanks Aron for initiating contacts.

I checked the build system of gimp-help-2, wow... :-) Nice work.

I tried to see if it is possible to include the stats on l10n.gnome.org
with minimal changes in both sides. With some minor adaptations, I could
make it work as is. One of the current shortcomings is that we are using
your Makefile only to generate pot files, but not to merge pot with po,
hence not supporting the Compendium functionality.

Now I think the technical side is only one part of the question. The
other part is the translators community stuff. I don't know Gimp help
translation communities, and if they are close to the GNOME translation
community. As soon as the stats would be published on l10n.gnome.org,
you will probably see translations coming either directly as commits, or
at least through the workflow part of our site.
Is this desired? Does someone see any problem with the merge of existing
communities?

Cheers,

Claude Paroz
--
www.2xlibre.net

P.S. Sorry for breaking the thread, I've just subscribed