Re: Can the gimp-help-2 module be maintained using Damned-Lies?

Hi Claude,

Claude Paroz (Donnerstag, 25. Juni 2009, 23:21):
> I tried to see if it is possible to include the stats on
> l10n.gnome.org with minimal changes in both sides. With some minor
> adaptations, I could make it work as is. One of the current
> shortcomings is that we are using your Makefile only to generate
> pot files, but not to merge pot with po, hence not supporting the
> Compendium functionality.

Which changes are required on our side? (And which changes on your
side?)

We do not use one or two po files, but a set of 40+ files in several
directories (and probably a non-standard naming scheme) - is this a
problem?

Would it be possible to use some of our tools for building pot or po
files (e.g. a patched version of xml2po)?

(Using a compendium is a nice feature, but it's not important or
necessary.)

> Now I think the technical side is only one part of the question.
> The other part is the translators community stuff. I don't know
> Gimp help translation communities, and if they are close to the
> GNOME translation community.

The GIMP help translation community? Oh god, the number of translators
is extremely small - one or two poor volunteers per language spending
a little bit of their time...

> As soon as the stats would be
> published on l10n.gnome.org, you will probably see translations
> coming either directly as commits, or at least through the workflow
> part of our site.
> Is this desired? Does someone see any problem with the merge of
> existing communities?

I don't see a problem - any help would be appreciated! :-)

Thanks for your offer!
Ulf