Re: Can the gimp-help-2 module be maintained using Damned-Lies?

Le dimanche 28 juin 2009 à 14:45 +0200, Ulf-D. Ehlert a écrit :> Hi Claude,> > Claude Paroz (Donnerstag, 25. Juni 2009, 23:21):> > I tried to see if it is possible to include the stats on> > l10n.gnome.org with minimal changes in both sides. With some minor> > adaptations, I could make it work as is. One of the current> > shortcomings is that we are using your Makefile only to generate> > pot files, but not to merge pot with po, hence not supporting the> > Compendium functionality.> > Which changes are required on our side? (And which changes on your > side?)
I tried the most to not require any change on your side. We'll see ifit's satisfactory. One little change may be a nice-to-have(DOC_LINGUAS), see below.
> We do not use one or two po files, but a set of 40+ files in several > directories (and probably a non-standard naming scheme) - is this a > problem?
Not necessarily. We already have support for multiple po files permodule, it's just that you put it to the limit :-)
> Would it be possible to use some of our tools for building pot or po > files (e.g. a patched version of xml2po)?
Yes, we're currently using your Makefile.GNU to generate the pot file.And then we merge ourself to generate updated po files. One rule we haveis to never have to run autogen.sh for generating potfiles, that's whywe prefer using Makefile.GNU rather than Makefile.am.Paradoxically, gnome-doc-utils standard is to put a DOC_LINGUAS variablein a Makefile.am file, to specify languages to consider for buildingdocs. Would it be possible for you to have such a DOC_LINGUAS variablewith the list of current languages? (no *sh expansion please).However, this is not critical, if you don't change anything, you'll justhave to live with a warning for each template.
Is your patch to xml2po worth going upstream? If yes, did you alreadyreport it in gnome-doc-utils bugzilla?
> (Using a compendium is a nice feature, but it's not important or > necessary.)> > > Now I think the technical side is only one part of the question.> > The other part is the translators community stuff. I don't know> > Gimp help translation communities, and if they are close to the> > GNOME translation community.> > The GIMP help translation community? Oh god, the number of translators > is extremely small - one or two poor volunteers per language spending > a little bit of their time...> > > As soon as the stats would be> > published on l10n.gnome.org, you will probably see translations> > coming either directly as commits, or at least through the workflow> > part of our site.> > Is this desired? Does someone see any problem with the merge of> > existing communities?> > I don't see a problem - any help would be appreciated! :-)
OK, I set up an experimental module for this on our site with 4 pofiles.http://l10n.gnome.org/module/gimp-help-2/
If it suits you, I'll add the 36 remaining po references to the samepage.
The next step would be to make the images stuff work with yourparticular directory setup. See for example:http://l10n.gnome.org/module/eog/help/master/de/images/
I guess this would require some more ad-hoc handling on our side.
Claude
_______________________________________________Gimp-docs mailing listGimp-docs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-docs