Re: Where have all my pictures gone?

Ulf-D. Ehlert skreiv:
> Kolbjørn Stuestøl (Mittwoch, 24. Juni 2009, 22:15):
>
>> Ulf-D. Ehlert skreiv:
>>
>>> Try './config.guess' (an automake script).
>>>
>> Output No such file ...
>>

> It should be automatically created whenever you run autogen.sh (or
> automake) if "configure.ac" contains that AC_CANONICAL_BUILD macro.
> On my (Linux) PC it's a link like "missing" or "install-sh":
> 	config.guess -> /usr/share/automake-1.10/config.guess

Yes it is in that branch. "missing" is installed as a shortcut to
"C:\cygwin\usr\share\automake-1.10\missing" when running autogen.sh.

>>> Looks like it has to be applied
>>> to the master branch (or better a local branch based on master)
>>> with 'git am'.
>>>
>> Patch'ing  your (mailed) make_image_links.pl with this command
>> $ patch -p0  make_image_links.pl cygwin-windows-quirks.patch
>> Output:
>> patching file make_image_links.pl
>> Hunk #1 FAILED at 14.
>> Hunk #2 FAILED at 87.
>> Hunk #3 FAILED at 103.
>> Did I used wrong command?
>>

> Yes.
> a) try "git am" (and "git help am");
> b) using "patch" you have to strip the leading "a/" and "b/" from the
>    path names with "patch -p1 < filename.patch"
>    (try "grep -A1 '^---' filename.patch" to see the names of the
>    files that will be patched).

Got no time this evening to read all the "git help am" options and
figure out which ones to use in this case.
Looking forward to try the commands you mentioned. As mentioned before I
am not used to the Linux jargon, although I am learning a bit every day
now.

>> Perhaps a better idea to send the finished file?
>>

> Too late. ;-)
>

>> Tried run $ make -f Makefile.GNU html-nn
>>

> For testing this autotools-based feature you have to use the
> autotools-created Makefile, not Makefile.GNU.
>
> You will notice that my patch doesn't change Makefile.GNU. If
> evrything works I will add the changes to Makefile.GNU too (probably
> based on the result of "uname -s").
>

>> The command
>> $ tools/make_image_links.pl -v --mode=hardlink images/C
>> html/nn/images works with your mailed make_image_links.pl file and
>> the corrupted one. I have to delete the html/nn/image(.lnk) before
>> running this ro avoid error messages. Don't know why.
>>

> Removing existing files before creating new files/links is done when
> the script is called by 'make' (look at the Makefile commands near
> "make_image_links.pl").

Suppose that I had to remove the file manually is because the real name
of the file is "images.lnk". The link problem again. Does not matter at
all. Just curiosity.

>> (Today is one of the summer days we dream of all the winter, so
>> very little computer or other work today. The sun is still shining.
>>

> How long are your summer days now, 24 hours?

18 hours sun.

Kolbjoern