Do I need a github account?

I managed to modify the GIMP documentation including a build, so I know
that it works.

I desire to create a patch to that I can provide it to Mr. Joost.

At this point, things are becoming a wee bit confusing.

Here is what I have done so far:

Commit my changed file

$ git commit -a
$ git format-patch HEAD^

 From what I glean from some web pages, it seems that I need to use
github to send my changes for review. OK, so I created an account and
even a public repo that I named "andy-gimp-help-2".

My best guess is that I now submit using:

$ git remote add github git@xxxxxxxxxx:pitonyak/andy-gimp-help-2.git
$ git push github master

I am hesitant to use such commands and then possibly create an entire
copy of the gimp documentation, when all I think that I need to do is
figure out how to submit a patch for review so that no one needs to
manually enter my changes.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
My Book: http://www.hentzenwerke.com/catalog/oome.htm