Re: babl docs

On 10/02/2010 12:11 AM, Sven Neumann wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-10-01 at 08:20 +0200, Martin Nordholts wrote:
>>    * mixed declarations and code
>>
>>      Because variables can be declared closer to where they are used
>
> That leads to very ugly code. You can always open a new scope if you
> want to declare local variables. And perhaps you should split your code
> into smaller functions. I am strongly against this and think we should
> definitely continue to compile with '-Wdeclaration-after-statement' even
> if we decide that C99 code should in general be allowed.

I can agree with that it is often nicest to have all declarations at the
beginning of a scope, but I don't think we should be so categoric that
we compile with -Wdeclaration-after-statement. Sometimes, you get the
nicest code by having declarations in the middle of scopes. At least we
will have the option. Introducing an artificial level of indentation
just because we need a new scope is IMO much uglier.

  / Martin

--

My GIMP Blog:
http://www.chromecode.com/