Re: babl docs

On 09/11/2010 03:06 PM, Øyvind Kolås wrote:

> I do not see a downside to this, it would probably result in a net
> code size reduction which is only a good thing.

ok.
For a moment, I thought that might be a trivial one-liner; but all I got
was a whole lot of 'BablBase: babl-type.c:254 babl_type()
babl_type("double"): hmpf!'... oh, well.

> When there are no direct conversions available, and no way to use
> multiple registered "linear" conversions to get from the source format
> to the destination format babl uses the generic conversion code in
> http://git.gnome.org/browse/babl/tree/babl/babl-fish-reference.c
> [...]

so an empty cell means something like 'found a path, but with detours
that involve taking apart pixels and converting single components'?

>> Those two even I understood. ;)  But I'm still riddling over the red bars.
>
> Something changed making the stats output a little bit less useful
> than it used to be, only conversions that are using the reference
> fishes[1] and are used to convert a "significant count" of pixels
> should be marked like this, as an indication that the given conversion
> is a likely bottleneck in processing.

Hmm. What I noticed now is that the red bars change their position with
every regeneration of the document. Also single conversions (dots) are
sometimes replaced by red bars.
I still don't see what that tells me, but I'll ignore that for now.

Rupert