Re: babl docs

On Fri, 2010-10-01 at 08:20 +0200, Martin Nordholts wrote:

> > What specific C99 features are we talking about at all? Is there a
> > specific feature that you guys would like to use?
>
> I like in particular
>
>   * designated initializers
>
>     Nice to have

Indeed.

>   * // comments
>
>     Using /* */ for documentation and // for comments increases code
>     readability since different comment semantics gets different
>     syntax

// comments are just plain ugly. I don't follow you on this one, but I
could probably live with it.

>   * mixed declarations and code
>
>     Because variables can be declared closer to where they are used

That leads to very ugly code. You can always open a new scope if you
want to declare local variables. And perhaps you should split your code
into smaller functions. I am strongly against this and think we should
definitely continue to compile with '-Wdeclaration-after-statement' even
if we decide that C99 code should in general be allowed.

>   * new block scopes for selection and iteration statements
>
>     So one can have for (int i = 0; i < N; i++) i.e. not having to
>     declare 'i' beforehand

Yes, that is a nice feature.

Sven