Re: Area filters

David Gowers wrote:
> For your usage, I'd like to know why you think mirroring is better
> than extending (GIMP calls it smearing -- pixels beyond the border are
> treated as the nearest pixel on the border.).

Yeah, I hadn't thought of smearing - the choices I was thinking of was
either transparent, black or mirroring.

Mirroring did work fine when I implemented it in my version of the
AviSynth KernelDeinterlacer, though - but that's just two lines at the
top and bottom of each field.

I wonder - what does GIMP (or rather, GEGL) do when there's a gap
(abyss?) of n pixels from an edge pixel to the adjacent next one and I
do a blur of radius m > n?

Ideally, it should just smear the edge pixel(s) indefinitely, but does
it do that?

--
Kurt Bernhard Pruenner --- Haendelstrasse 17 --- 4020 Linz --- Austria
.......It might be written "Mindfuck", but it's spelt "L-A-I-N".......