Re: Building and install GCC 8.3.0, OpenBSD 7.2 on DEC Alpha EV5

On Fri, 27 Jan 2023, 19:21 Mark Butt, <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> When I started this small project I didn't think it would much trouble at
> all.  I had assumed modern OpenBSD would be similar to using something like
> modern AIX which supports a lot of GNU-linked products very well... either
> that was a poor assumption on my part, I am doing something wrong, the
> Alpha architecture (yes, ancient I know) or a combination of several of
> those.

AIX has people actively testing GCC regularly, and reporting bugs and
contributing patches. Nobody does that for openbsd so it's unsurprising
that it bitrots, especially for the combination of alpha and openbsd which
will be even less frequently tested.