Re: Application startup performance

On 16 Mar 2016, Raimund Steger stated:
> d_type will speed up things but only if it's available (non-SysV). But

TBH it's such a speed improvement that any Unix/fs combo that hasn't
incorporated it by now either stores its directories differently such
that stat() doesn't require a seek or has authors who don't care about
real-world performance.

> I think that these Fedora bugreports might not have happened with
> nanosecond mtime, thus potentially rendering the whole
> FcCacheDirsValid execution path redundant.

Definitely not. I have nanosecond mtime on my NFS server and still see
it.

--
NULL && (void)