Re: Questionable usage of FcPatternAddInteger()

Hi Raimund and Akira,

Am 28.04.2012 18:06, schrieb Raimund Steger:
I believe Akira is right, I just checked in the source of
cups-filters-1.0.16 that is mentioned in the original bug report and
it seems that like in your example, trim is enabled in texttopdf.c:67,
which is not a very good idea because -- depending on the fontconfig
configuration -- the first font that satisfies the application's
requirement might appear further down the list.

thanks for your insightful replies. I believe I have understood the issue a bit better now.

So as you both point out, the culprit is not necessarily FcPatternAddInteger() but the trimming of FcFontSort()'s results, which may cause dropping of some reasonable candidates.

(I'm also not too positive about passing 0 as pointer to 'result'. Is
that allowed for FcFontSort()?)

Is it fine to pass NULL instead of 0 or does it have to be an actual pointer?

 - Fabian