Re: Questionable usage of FcPatternAddInteger()

Akira TAGOH wrote:
[...]
Since FC_SPACING also affects to the score estimation, looking good to
you when getting rid of that line was just happened to work.  As I
mentioned in the previous mail, mistake to what you want to do may be
you did give FcTrue to trim in FcFontSort (). you can try to compare the

I believe Akira is right, I just checked in the source of cups-filters-1.0.16 that is mentioned in the original bug report and it seems that like in your example, trim is enabled in texttopdf.c:67, which is not a very good idea because -- depending on the fontconfig configuration -- the first font that satisfies the application's requirement might appear further down the list.

(I'm also not too positive about passing 0 as pointer to 'result'. Is that allowed for FcFontSort()?)

Raimund