Re: Questionable usage of FcPatternAddInteger()

2012/04/28 4:29 "Fabian Greffrath" <fabian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Thanks for your reply, but this doesn't really answer my question.
>
> Do you think that using FcPatternAddInteger() in the code I attached to my
> previous mail is a good idea or do you think it does confuse fontconfig
> more than it guides it towards preferring monospaced fonts? I more or less
> want to resemble the behaviour of "fc-match -s" with this code, thus the
> usage of FcFontSort().

The usage of FcPatternAddInteger() is good though I'm wondering why you didn't set monospace to FC_FAMILY instead. that would gives you more easier way to do similar thing, but anyway.

Since FC_SPACING also affects to the score estimation, looking good to you when getting rid of that line was just happened to work.  As I mentioned in the previous mail, mistake to what you want to do may be you did give FcTrue to trim in FcFontSort (). you can try to compare the result of fc-match -s and -a. that may helps to understand what I told you in the previous mail.