Re: Bugzappers EOL process and abrt bug reporters being flagged with needinfo before bugs are closed?

On Mon, 06 Dec 2010 10:11:25 -0800, Adam wrote:

> > Too many tickets, too many reminders. After six months, the reporter maybe
> > doesn't even work on the same software anymore.
>
> 'I don't use this any more, so let's leave it closed'. Takes three
> seconds.

It takes even less time to delete the mails - in disappointment.
What's your goal? To close tickets or to squash bugs?

> > And cannot allocate the
> > time to review all these old tickets.
>
> They don't have to. If you filed a bug that you can't follow up on any
> more, in the general case, you can just say so, and close it. In this
> case, you don't have to lift a finger, because the bug will get
> automatically closed soon anyway. That's what the needinfo is telling
> you.

Same questions as above.

> > For issues that persist, a different user will [need to] open a new
> > ticket. And who will pay attention and notice that it's the same issue
> > that was closed WONTFIX N*6 months ago?
>
> No, they won't. All they have to do is update the 'version' field on the
> bug to a currently supported release, and then it won't get closed.
> That's why we send out the needinfo in the first place: to alert the
> reporter to this.

*sigh*  That only applies to those tickets, where the reporter actually
answers and updates the version field.

No further comments from me in this tread.