Re: Bugzappers EOL process and abrt bug reporters being flagged with needinfo before bugs are closed?

On Sat, 2010-12-04 at 02:14 +0000, "JÃhann B. GuÃmundsson" wrote:
> Can someone from the bugzapper team please explain to me why reporters
> are being flagged with needinfo on their abrt filed report before their
> bugs are EOL'ed without the maintainer actually requesting any needinfo
> from the reporters?

When we do the 'watch out, F12 is about to go EOL' notifications we set
the bugs to needinfo <reporter> to flag up that if the reporter doesn't
take any action, it'll probably get closed soon. This is always
communicated in advance and John always asks for feedback before doing
it. See
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/HouseKeeping/Fedora14#Fedora_12_EOL_Warning:

"Actions to take on all bugs selected in query above:

    Add comment
    Set bug to NEEDINFO Reporter "

> Ye must realize that maintainers will shit all over reporters claiming
> that they do not respond reports and what not by doing what the
> bugzapper script or abrt is doing.

There's no particular special case for abrt here. F12 is EOL. Doesn't
matter if the bug was manually or automatically reported, if we don't
know it also happens in a supported release, there's no point keeping it
open.

The exact same policy and process has been followed for multiple
releases now, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey