Re: rawhide net install image doesn't work with bios partitions

On 5/27/19 3:07 PM, stan wrote:
I think the last time I did a fresh install, I must have been using
BIOS on a BIOS formatted disk.  This time, I was able to disable UEFI,
but then discovered that the disk was formatted with GPT, and that
caused problems for the installer.  The media isn't the problem since
it passed both the burn check and the install check, and seems to work
fine otherwise. I'm not sure why UEFI would have had problems with
pre-existing ext4 partitions on a GPT formatted disk, but it does and
refuses to proceed.

If you have a GPT formatted disk, why aren't you using UEFI?

You can still do a BIOS install to a GPT formatted drive. You just need to create a BIOS boot partition (not /boot) which is what the installer should be telling you.