Re: Proposing new dual booting release criteria

On 09/13/2014 01:03 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Fri, 2014-09-12 at 18:18 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:

And then also propose that bug for Fedora 21 beta freeze exception.
It's virtually certain it'd pass. I mean, it probably could be
incorporated without a freeze exception if it goes in before beta
freeze (?) but then at least it's on a list and has some extra
attention.
Please don't use the blocker and freeze exception lists for this
purpose: it's what killed the old blocker process. They are not
'attention lists', they have a specific purpose.

Can't you do the patch? Python isn't really that hard, you can usually
find something close enough to what you want somewhere else in the same
file and just hack it up a bit until it works. That's how I 'write code'
anyway. :P

I'll put this on my 'list of little things to do if I ever get time',
but...it's kind of a long list :(
Patches for both anaconda-20.25.16-1 (F20) and anaconda-21.48-3 (F21) in under development now. I basically got it working for regular, kickstart and live installs and just doing some testing. I am having some difficulty doing an F21 netinstall and I cannot find a TC7 distribution DVD. This should not a a blocker and it is small/simple enough that if the functionality is OK with anaconda developers I would expect it to be in the beta.

When ready ("real soon now") I will post to anaconda-patches and put some updates.img files out on my website.

Gene