Re: Proposal: let's just use the FAS group already

On Tue, 17 Dec 2013, Akshay Vyas wrote:

> If we can do every QA stuff without being a part of QA group then
> what's the use of creating a QA group

How do you STOP people from doing QA, and reporting stuff
either to bugzilla or the mailing list?  But I think the issue
is that at least one element of 'every' role for a Fedora
contributor is not open to me (i.e., voting) without some
additional group membership beyond

Looking at my accout page at fedoraproject,org, I show only:
	Signed CLA Group (user)
	Signers of the Fedora Project Contributor Agreement  (user)

I have one request not acted upon by a functionally dead sub
project, and recall making another request to another which I
never heard back on ...

but last time that voting time came around, I was unable to do
so.

My participation in making RH derived distributions predates
even the Fedora project itself, having been active since RHL's
inception.  I was one of the early if not original 'invited'
cohort of external 'testers-list' members (2001 era as I
recall), former editor of rpm.org, more bug filings thatn I
care to count, the first commit for 'sqlite' when it came in
for RPM purposes, and so forth

Adam, to the extent I am not a formal member of QA group,
please take this as my request for addition to such

-- Russ herrold