Re: Proposal: let's just use the FAS group already

> As explained a few times: there are things within Fedora as a whole (not
> the QA group) which you need to be a member of a FAS group other than
> 'cla_done' to get access to - the intent being that only people who are
> 'members' of Fedora in some way should get them. Space on
> fedorapeople.org and voting rights are the two examples I've cited, I
> think there may be more than that.

well i think there is some kind of role associated with every group
like ambassadors are suppose to do a promotion and organize events,
adding some one to QA group doesn't make any changes in user
privileges or any other things, well if we talk about fedorapeople.org
or voting then its for every one and there is no group for some
regular voters

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 1:30 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-12-17 at 10:15 +0530, Akshay Vyas wrote:
>> > So I'm proposing we do something simple: let's just go ahead and stick
>> > everyone who can reasonably be considered a 'QA team member' in the > > FAS
>> > 'qa' group. This wouldn't be hard to do, I can make sure sufficient
>> > people within and outside RH have moderator status in the qa group, and
>> > then those of us who are mods can just add people appropriately. Anyone
>> > who files karma regularly, or validation test results, or posts to
>> > test@, or attends QA team meetings, anything like that - let's just
>> > stick 'em in QA group, and then for the future we can just say
>> > 'moderators can give anyone who's obviously a QA person membership in
>> > the QA group at any time, and when someone sends a self-introduction
>> > mail and doesn't completely disappear, the QA group mods should stick
>> > that person in the group'.
>>
>> If we can do every QA stuff without being a part of QA group then
>> what's the use of creating a QA group
>
> As explained a few times: there are things within Fedora as a whole (not
> the QA group) which you need to be a member of a FAS group other than
> 'cla_done' to get access to - the intent being that only people who are
> 'members' of Fedora in some way should get them. Space on
> fedorapeople.org and voting rights are the two examples I've cited, I
> think there may be more than that.
> --
> Adam Williamson
> Fedora QA Community Monkey
> IRC: adamw | Twitter: AdamW_Fedora | XMPP: adamw AT happyassassin . net
> http://www.happyassassin.net
>
> --

Akshay vyas
(http://www.gofedora.in)