Re: What does one do about a package maintainer with an attitude problem?

On 07/23/2013 11:43 AM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
There is at least one objective test that can be made:
Someone should try to repoduce the problem from your bug report.
Cannot do it myself.  Cannot get past F14.
ABRT bugs are often intermittent. As I noted in an earlier email message in this thread:
...reproduction steps are not the only way that a bug can be tracked down. ABRT bugs, for example, include a stack trace and a bunch of other information intended to allow the maintainer to try to track down the bug even if the user doesn't know exactly what caused the crash. This is, after all, the whole point of all that data that ABRT uploads. The maintainer we're talking about closed an ABRT bug with INSUFFICIENT_DATA seemingly without bothering to look at any of the ABRT data. Then when I added information to the defect about what caused that same crash for ME, he ignored it and did not reopen the bug.
The other reason why it's a bad idea to close ABRT bugs with INSUFFICIENT_DATA is because ABRT doesn't add CC's to closed bugs, so it's impossible to find out how many people are being impacted by a crash bug if you close it.

  jik